Kitchen remodel stalled because my plumber didn't get the cabinet plan
-
honoriagrimble
- Mesaje: 16
- Membru din: Lun Aug 24, 2026 2:35 pm
Kitchen remodel stalled because my plumber didn't get the cabinet plan
We're about three weeks into a kitchen and guest bath update and I'm already pulling my hair out. The plumber I hired came highly recommended for general repairs but it turns out he doesn't do much remodel work and it shows. He roughed in the sink drain without checking the cabinet layout we approved and now the disposal would sit right where a drawer is supposed to go. He also didn't account for the new vanity in the bathroom so the supply lines are in the wrong spot. I'm not blaming him entirely because I probably should have hired someone who specializes in this kind of thing from the start. Now I'm looking for a kitchen and bathroom plumbing contractor in Palo Alto who actually understands how to coordinate with cabinets and tile and doesn't just treat it like a quick swap. Has anyone else been through this? How did you find someone who gets remodel timelines and works with your contractor instead of against them? I'm worried we're going to have to redo the rough in and that's money I don't have.