Vibration at idle getting worse, could it be the engine mounts?

honoriagrimble
Mesaje: 16
Membru din: Lun Aug 24, 2026 2:35 pm

Vibration at idle getting worse, could it be the engine mounts?

Mesaj de honoriagrimble »

My 2015 Grand Cherokee has developed this vibration that you feel through the steering wheel and the floor when the car is sitting at idle, and it's been slowly getting worse over the past couple months. It smooths out once I'm moving so at first I ignored it, but now my passengers have started commenting on it and it's honestly embarrassing. I had the spark plugs and coils checked and those came back fine, so the mechanic I usually go to suspects the engine mounts are worn and collapsing. He quoted me a price that felt high and admitted he doesn't do many Jeeps, which didn't fill me with confidence. I've been reading about a genuine Jeep engine mount replacement in Musaffah and the whole process sounds more involved than I expected, especially since some of these mounts are hydraulic and need proper support while swapping. For anyone who's done this, did the vibration completely go away afterwards or did you still feel some and just learned to live with it? Also trying to figure out whether aftermarket mounts are a false economy here.
Scrie răspuns