Pagina 1 din 1

Trying to decide between dealer and independent for gearbox diagnostics

Scris: Sâm Sep 26, 2026 9:08 am
de honoriagrimble
My Aventador has been throwing an intermittent gearbox warning for about a month now, always clears itself, always comes back. I've been avoiding dealing with it because I know the dealer will want the car for days and charge me for the privilege of telling me they couldn't replicate the issue. But I also don't want to hand it to someone who's never touched a single clutch gearbox before and hope for the best. I've been reading about expert Lamborghini automated transmission diagnostics and it sounds like the good independents have the same software and actually spend time driving the car to reproduce faults rather than just scanning codes. For anyone who's gone the independent route, did they actually find the problem or did you end up at the dealer anyway? And how long did the diagnostic take? I don't mind paying for proper diagnostics, I just want to avoid paying twice for the same answer.